It's that time of year again!
If you have a studio or gallery on Waiheke and would like to be a part of the Waiheke Art Map, please see the attached booking form. You can also pick on up at the gallery.
We have put together the budget and plan for the 2021 Waiheke Art Map.
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the meeting in August. After going over all of the options it was unanimously agreed that the 22 weeks of the map appearing in the Weekender was well worth the cost. We also agreed that we should continue to print some maps for distribution and not rely solely on just the Weekender and the digital version.
We will be able to select holiday weekends and focus on summer for the 22 weeks. It is probably best if it appears at least once every month with a focus on summer. The first time it will run in the Weekender will be early December.
With all of this in mind the cost for advertising this year has had to go up to $240.
You have the option of breaking up the payments into three $80 payments or pay in full if you can.
The dates for payment are on the booking form. If you choose to break up your payments please plan for October 1st, November 1st and December 1st. If you can pay in full when you turn in your booking form that would be fabulous!
DEADLINE October 15th (bookings open NOW)
What do you get for your $240?
* A full colour listing in the printed Art Map ( 4000 will be printed and strategically distributed.)
* A PDF version of the map will be online on the WCAG website. See link below for current Map. https://www.waihekeartgallery.org.nz/our-artists/art-map/
* A QR code with posters created for the map so the people can download it on their phone or device or you can print the code off and use it.
* Have your work in an exhibition in the Main Gallery of WCAG in Dec/January with an opening reception and advertising.
* 22 weeks of advertising in the Weekender ( $154 per artist )
This leaves us with $84 in the budget per studio to design, print and distribute the map and have an opening event at the gallery.
If you have any questions please let us know.
And if you know of a new studio or gallery on the island they may want information, please send them to the gallery or have them email us at: email@example.com